With the update to Android Wear 2.0, both Android and iOS users can listen to music downloaded to your watch untethered.
Steps to listen to music untethered:
- Get music onto your phone
- Download songs to your watch
- Pair a Bluetooth headset (PaceIQ) to the watch
- Use RunIQ - Start Run app's music control
To get music onto your phone:
There are 3 ways:
- If you have purchased from or subscribe to Google Play Music™, download music in the Google Play Music™ app.
- Upload your own MP3 files to your Google account from your computer than download into the Play Music app.
- Any MP3 files already on your phone will be seen by the Play Music app.
To download songs to your watch:
- First make sure MP3 files are downloaded to your phone or Play Music app.
- Make sure your watch 75% charged and connected to the phone
- Note: If not connected, a cloud icon with a line through it will be show on the watch:
- In the Play Music app, tap on the menu (three bars icon), swipe from bottom to top to view the bottom of the menu.
- In the menu, tap on Settings.
- Swipe from bottom to top and tap Manage downloads
- Select the watch symbol (changing from gray to orange) next to each songs, albums, and playlists that you want downloaded to the watch.
- Note: If your song/album/playlist is not listed, the songs are not downloaded to your phone. See “To get music onto your phone” above.
- Check watch for a card indicating status of the sync.
To pair a Bluetooth headset to your watch:
- Swipe from top to bottom and tap Settings
- Swipe from bottom to top and tap Connectivity
- Tap Bluetooth
- Bluetooth should be turned on - Circle with blue dot
- Tap on Available devices
- If device is seen, tap and wait for it to be connected
- If device is not seen, swipe from bottom to top & select the Scan option then go back to step 6.
To play music using RunIQ's music controls:
- From the RunIQ Start screen, swipe from top to bottom to expose music controls. This can be done before or after starting the workout.
- Using the music controls, play your music, adjust volume, and/or change tracks with the arrows.
- Open Play Music may need to be selected to download music to your RunIQ Watch (Connectivity is needed)
Note: If your tracks are not seen, go back to Play Music app and recheck your selections. Might need to resync them. To resync, go to the Play Music app > menu > Settings > and disable Downloading to Android Wear then re-enable. Then tap on manage downloads to reselect your music.
New Balance recommends the NB PaceIQ Earbuds with sound by Jabra if you are looking for a new pair of Bluetooth™ headphones.
Fore more details on how to download and listen to music, click here.