IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION - READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE USE
WARNING: Failing to read and follow these safety warnings could result in fire, electrical shock, other injury, or damage to the RunIQ Watch or other property.
Electrical Safety. The RunIQ Watch has a lithium-ion battery and electrical circuitry that can cause electrical shock or injury if mishandled.
- Do not attempt to open the RunIQ Watch and do not puncture it. The lithium battery and other internal components are not user replaceable. Damage to the battery could result in fire, shock, or chemical burns.
- Do not drop, impact, or apply excessive pressure to the RunIQ Watch, or place heavy objects on it.
- Do not use sharp objects or excessive force on the screen. Rough handling can damage the
- Do not use if the display or RunIQ Watch housing is cracked.
- Keep the RunIQ Watch away from flames. The battery could explode from fire or extreme heat.
Skin Irritation or Sensitivity. Some people have experienced skin reactions from jewelry, watches, and other wearable items. Some reactions can be caused by allergy or sensitivity to materials used in the watch or band, such as silicone, nickel, or adhesives. If you have skin allergies or sensitivities, use special care when wearing the RunIQ Watch. Start by wearing it for short periods.
Skin irritation can also be caused by wearing the RunIQ Watch too long or not cleaning the RunIQ Watch or adjacent skin. Follow the cleaning and wearing tips in the next section to reduce the risk of skin irritation.
Stop using the RunIQ Watch if you experience skin redness, blisters, a burning sensation, itchiness, swelling, or other skin conditions. Pausing use for a period, cleaning the RunIQ Watch and skin, or adjusting how you wear the RunIQ Watch may resolve the issue. Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
Overheating. Your RunIQ Watch may seem warm if you use it in a hot environment or when exercising. But the RunIQ Watch itself should not generate heat that causes discomfort or skin damage. If the RunIQ Watch overheats, or if you experience blisters or burns, stop wearing it immediately and contact Customer Support.
Charging. Charge the RunIQ Watch in a cool dry place and out of direct sunlight to prevent overheating. Keep the charger and RunIQ Watch away from pillows, blankets, papers, and other materials that could prevent heat dissipation or that could pose a fire hazard if the charger overheats. Remove the RunIQ Watch from the charger once it is fully-charged.
Do not wear your RunIQ Watch while it is charging. Doing so could result in electrical shock.
Your RunIQ Watch uses a USB charger to charge the battery. Follow these general safety principles with any USB charger and power source:
- Keep the power source, USB cable, charging cradle, and RunIQ Watch away from liquids.
- Thoroughly clean and dry the contacts and surrounding area before connecting the cable to the charging cradle, USB port, or power source. Liquid and other foreign objects in plug ports or contacts can cause a short circuit and overheating.
- Unplug the USB cable and charging cradle during long periods of non-use.
- Keep the cable, charging cradle, and your power source away from sources of heat, such as candles, fireplaces, radiators, stoves, and other appliances that radiate heat. Do not leave them in direct sunlight.
- Make sure the charging cradle, USB cable, and your power source are not damaged or broken. If there are breaks or other visible damage, do not use.
Distraction. The RunIQ Watch can display notifications, texts, emails, and other data. Looking at them can distract you from more important things like driving and paying attention to your surroundings, and cause an accident. Do not check messages and notifications when driving or doing other things that require your full attention. You are responsible for knowing and following all traffic and other rules for safely operating any vehicle.
Maps and Directions. The RunIQ Watch has a GPS receiver and can display maps, your location, and other navigation information. Your location and other navigation information may be inaccurate, incomplete, or unavailable at times.
Exercise and Medical Conditions. The RunIQ Watch is a great exercise companion, but check with your doctor to make sure that you can exercise safely. Also check with your doctor if you have any medical condition that could be affected by using a watch, such as skin conditions, circulation problems, seizures, blackouts, eyestrain, or headaches.
Keep Away from Small Children. The RunIQ Watch is not a toy and is not intended for use by children below age 13. It has small parts that can be a choking hazard. Keep it out of reach of small children.
Hearing Damage. Loud sounds can damage your hearing. When listening to your device with headphones, set the volume to a reasonable level to avoid damage to your ears.
Dangerous Activities. The RunIQ Watch is not designed or intended to be used in any situation where a failure of the device could result in death, injury, or property damage. Do not use the RunIQ Watch in any such situation.