If you are not near your phone (and not connected to another accessible Wi-Fi network), you will see a broken cloud () at the center-top of your RunIQ Watch screen.
Some of your RunIQ Watch features will continue to work even if you leave your phone behind.
You can still track a run when you leave your phone behind and aren't connected over the Internet. Once you reconnect with your phone, the data from your run will sync with Strava. Click here to learn how to Connect with Strava.
Connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi
Your RunIQ Watch can connect to Wi-Fi. Click here for more details on how Wi-Fi works.
Not connected to the phone or Internet
If you see the , your RunIQ Watch is not connected to your phone. This can happen when you are away from your phone if:
- Your RunIQ Watch is not connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Your phone is off
- Your phone is not connected to the Internet
- Your RunIQ Watch is paired with an iPhone and the Android Wear app has been closed
If your watch and phone aren't connected over the Internet
- Tell time and see the date
- Set an alarm
- Use the stopwatch
- Use the timer
- View your calendar for today
- See your step count
- See your heart rate
- Change your watch face
- Put your watch in airplane mode
- Listen to music
- Use various third party apps (Google Play Store)